According to recent statistics, 1 in 4 adults with a mental disorder suffers from substance abuse disorder, a phenomenon most commonly known as Dual Diagnosis. This condition occurs when a person already suffering from a mental health disorder like depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or personality disorder also has an addictive disorder, which means excessive use of drugs, alcohol, or any other behavioral addiction. Unfortunately, substance abuse is often driven by underlying psychiatric issues; hence, treating both together is the only effective treatment for dual diagnosis.
Finding a rehabilitation program is quite challenging. But not anymore, A Mission For Micheal AMFM offers unexcelled Dual Diagnosis treatment in CA and has been able to save many lives because of its unique programs. Our dedicated and experienced staff is always ready to serve the patient and strive to bring back hope in other people's lives. At our Dual Diagnosis rehab in CA, we motivate people to work hard and get back to their normal life once again.
At AMPM, we understand that the best treatment for dual diagnosis is Integrated Intervention. The idea that you can not treat mental illness because of addiction an individual's addiction problem is outdated. Therefore our treatment providers first analyze how each condition affects the other. Then make an individualized treatment plan for our patients because every person needs different kinds of care and support, which makes us California's most reliable Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center. Here are a few areas we focus on during dual diagnosis treatment:
- Detoxification: Our prime focus is first to detoxify the individual, which is a significant hurdle. One of our trained staff will monitor the person 24/7, minimize substance use, and see its effects on behavior. The team may also introduce a medical alternative to wean a person off gradually.
- Psychotherapy: It is a massive part of the dual diagnosis treatment plan. The therapy depends on each person's specific disorder, but mainly Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is highly effective for anxiety disorder. It enables people to learn how to handle different situations and change their ineffective thinking patterns.
- Support Groups: The whole recovery process can be challenging for a person; hence we also offer different support groups for our patients to share their journeys with each other easily, celebrate success, and even form healthy friendships.
- Medications: We believe in making the healing process medication-free and prescribed them only if necessary. However, certain medications make the detoxification process a lot easier and ease the withdrawal symptoms.
Why our Treatment Approach is Effective?
Unlike other dual diagnosis treatment centers, we have many appointments. We have all the knowledge and experience to treat severe mental illnesses like excel in treating Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder (Type 1 and 2), Severe Anxiety, and many more. Our program is highly effective because:
- We have top of the line dual diagnosis therapists in California work closely with each patient to understand their behavior and get to the core of the illness.
- We offer a safe environment.
- We provide an individualized and compassionate treatment plan.
- We have a 45-day Treatment plan with an option to extend.
- We believe in no use of Medication unless deemed necessary.
If you have any queries, please contact A Mission for Michael (AM FM) to learn more about our program (844) 532-8882.
San Juan Capistrano CA 92675