OUR LONG-TERM MISSION
Here at A Mission for Michael, we build our entire philosophy on service to our clients and their families. Our facility was established because of a tragedy, but that has created a fierce resolve to do everything we can to prevent others from experiencing the same pain and heartache.
It breaks our hearts to hear about mental health programs and resources that take advantage of their clients and their families. For that reason, we stand at the forefront of ethics for mental health treatment, as a provider that focuses on mental illness and addiction. We also call for initiatives that will encourage other programs and professionals to do the same.
WE AVOID UNETHICAL MARKETING PRACTICES
One practice that puts the health and safety of clients at risk is the habit of paying referral bonuses for clients admitted to professionals, interventionists and referral companies who refer a client to a facility. Although we value the heartfelt endorsement of alumni, family members and others with whom we have worked, we believe that monetary exchanges undermine the integrity of an organization that should be primarily motivated by supporting the health and well-being of clients.
HAYES DAVIDSON ETHICS PLEDGE
To support efforts to protect addiction recovery clients and their families throughout the nation and to increase our accountability to our clients, we’ve signed the Hayes Davidson Ethics Pledge. We believe that all addiction recovery professionals should do the same. This pledge states the following, and more:
- That we will never benefit financially from a client in the form of unethical compensation.
- That we will be transparent about fees, including marketing fees, charges to the client, or charges to an insurance company.
- That we will never participate in fraudulent online or offline marketing practices.
- That we will do our part to ensure that the industry is ethically sound by pledging to be ethical, respectable, and a true agent for industry reform.
OUR PERSONAL PLEDGE TO YOU
At A Mission for Michael, we’ve gone even further than the Hayes Davidson Ethics pledge. As a team, we vow to each of our clients, and to their families, that we will:
- Exercise transparency in our billing and compensation practices.
- Never benefit from unethical business practices.
- Treat every client with respect and care.
- Prioritize our integrity as healthcare providers over personal gain.
Our position as mental health and addiction specialists is more than a career. It’s a mission, just as our title states. It’s about strengthening individuals, family, and our community by providing the very best care that we can. Our goal is always to restore our clients to their best selves by helping them rise above the issues that stem from mental illness, and the behavioral issues that come with it.